Vacancy in the finance department with Nottingham City Council
Welcome to Nottingham….
Nottingham is a dynamic and diverse city. As a Council, we are ambitious and push for Nottingham to be a national leader on many fronts so that our city, our communities and our services are the best they can be. From our ambition to be the first carbon-neutral city by 2028, our famous transportation system, the work of redesigning our city center into a vibrant open space at our Broadmarsh site, to our award-winning parks. , our leisure and cultural facilities; we are a city with a lot to offer.
The Council provides a diverse range of services to the communities we serve, from supporting the most vulnerable children and adults to providing infrastructure investment directly or in partnership with other organisations. We pride ourselves on making a real positive difference in the lives of ordinary people.
Work for the Council’s finance department
The Council is on the path to improvement and the development of sound financial management is at the heart of this process, as set out in the Together for the Nottingham Plan. You will have the opportunity to enhance your future career by working alongside some of the best public sector finance professionals in the UK who are dedicated to laying the foundations for top-notch financial management and building a excellent financial team adapted to the challenges of the 21st century.
A career in finance in Nottingham gives you the opportunity to deploy your professional and technical skills, knowledge and experience to enable us to get the most out of every pound spent on services. Whether your passion is financial analysis and accounting, challenging and advising on the development of future service delivery options, or you love the buzz of making end-to-end business processes and financial IT systems very effective, there is a role in finance that will give you real job satisfaction.
If you have recently left college or university and are looking for your first step into the world of full-time work, there is the option of joining us as an apprentice with the option of studying as a technician. accountant or chartered accountant. (CIPFA). If you are already a qualified CCAB or CIMA accountant with experience in large complex organizations, we would like to explore the value you could bring to our team and how we could support your career development!
The positions we have available with indicative salaries are listed below with available job descriptions. All wages are subject to the 2022/23 wage award which has yet to be confirmed through national negotiations.
- 1 Team Leader – Technical Accounting (up to £51,733 per year) – Lead and manage the technical accounting team covering external financial reporting, taxation, cash management, capital program accounting and fixed asset accounting. Prior experience in at least one of these technical areas of accounting is required.
- 1 Capital Accountant (Grade H £34,373 – £36,371 per year)
- 1 Housing Income Account (HRA) Accountant (Grade H £34,373 – £36,371 per year)
- 1 Senior Accountant Cash Management (Grade I £39,571 – £41,591 per year)
- 1 Strategic Funding Partner – Children’s Social Services, Education and Schools (up to £51,733 per year) – Lead and manage a team to provide financial support and professional accounting advice to the corporate personnel manager. Previous experience in child welfare and/or schools and education is required.
- 2 Senior Finance Business Partner (Grade I £39,571 – £41,591 per year) – Adults and public health or resident services
- 2 Finance Business Partner (Grade H £34,373 – £36,371 per year) – Children, education and schools or city growth and development
- 3 Senior Finance Technician (Grade F £26,446 – £28,226 per year)
- 2 Financial Technician (Grade E £22,571 – £23,953 per year)
What we can bring you…
We are a leading employer in the region for our benefits, we offer our staff a generous annual leave package, starting at 25 days plus holidays, and the ability to purchase more. We actively promote flexible and modern working methods, including hybrid working, and we will double your monthly pension contributions through the local government pension scheme. As an employer, we place great importance on investing in our people and we have a wide range of development programs in place to support people in all our professional roles, from senior managers to those who provide services. directly to our citizens.
If you can match our ambition to make Nottingham a world-class city for all, we would love to hear from you. We strive to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of our city. To help us achieve our ambition, we particularly want to hear from applicants from Black, Asian or ethnic minority communities, as well as people who identify with a disability as we are underrepresented in these groups.
To apply for any of these roles, please click apply below
Application deadline: Friday, September 2 – 5 p.m.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified: Friday, September 9
Scheduled interviews: September 15 & 16